Kafka Summit Europe 2021 Speaker Agreement
Speaker agrees to prepare and pre-record their talk as well as participate in a live Q&A session at Kafka Summit Europe 2021 which is scheduled to take place online May 11-12, 2021. Exact recording time and Q&A session time will be shared at least 14 days in advance.
As a session speaker, you will receive:
- Publication of your abstract and name on the Kafka Summit Kafka Summit Europe 2021 website
- Exposure to thousands of Apache Kafka community members
- Inclusion in Kafka Summit Kafka Summit Europe 2021 promotion efforts
- Automatic registration to the event (no extra forms to complete)
By clicking the “I Agree” button below, I agree that:
1. My presentation will be in English (unless discussed otherwise with conference organizers) and based on the subject I submitted for consideration. 2. I will provide a full draft presentation for review by March 13, 2021. 3. I will pre-record my session late March to early April 2021 (more details, guidelines and support to be provided). 4. I will not be paid for my presentation, materials, or for my time to prepare. 5. My presentation and materials are provided on a non-confidential basis. 6. I am solely responsible for the content of my presentation and materials, which will be truthful, accurate, and my original work, and that my presentation and materials will not violate any third-party rights or contractual obligations. 7. I possess all necessary rights, licenses, and permissions to provide, display, and perform my presentation and the materials, and to grant Confluent, Inc., and its affiliates (“Confluent”) the rights under this agreement. 8. Confluent is receiving the irrevocable right to record my performance including my voice, likeness, image, and persona (a “recording”) and that Confluent may copy, modify, excerpt, and distribute indefinitely (or for so long as permitted in the applicable jurisdiction) any recording, and/or my presentation materials, without restriction, payment, or liability to me, throughout the world via any media or medium, known or unknown (video, audio, printed documents, websites, online social media channels (Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.), sales meetings, trade shows, conferences, etc.), in connection with Kafka Summit 2021 and/or to promote or market past or future Confluent events, or Confluent’s products and services. 9. I hereby waive any right to seek injunctive relief in connection with Confluent’s use of any recording or my presentation materials as described herein. 10. Confluent may identify me as a Kafka Summit speaker along with any publicly available biographic data (such as my name, surname, employer name, job title, responsibilities, and work history). 11. Any expenses remain my responsibility and are not paid for by Kafka Summit or Confluent. 12. I will only cancel my participation due to exceptional circumstances beyond my control, and I will notify firstname.lastname@example.org immediately. If I do have to cancel, I agree to provide a substitute speaker of comparable expertise and stature, subject to approval by Confluent, to present the same topic. In the event that my current employment ceases before the event, I will notify email@example.com immediately. 13. This agreement is governed by the laws of the State of California, and may not be assigned, transferred, or amended by me without Confluent’s express, prior written approval.